Friday 8 January 2010

Borealis

My husband's name and mine too, if I choose it, is Arora. When one of my friends in Australia (where perhaps Arora isn't a common name) heard this, he asked me, if he may call my husband, Borealis. Since my husband is also a lawyer and I have been at the receiving end of some unnecessary flak for it, I thought it had something to do with that. Apparently, Charles Lamb was expressing, what would be, an eternally popular sentiment when he said, "Lawyers, I suppose, were children once..." So, when my friend asked me if he may call my husband, who is usually referred to as Mani, Borealis - I replied with unfailing loyalty, that for all I care he may call him a Bore!


However, thanks to my insomnia, I ended up actually looking up Borealis - it does sound so Astérix or something - and found that Aurora Borealis are actually the northern polar lights! Maybe for both these reasons, I should start calling him Borealis too and he'll never know when I find him amazing and when I find him amazing absolutely not!

No comments: