Friday 29 April 2011

Bonsai

Around the blog-land people turning 30 usually have a list of 30, most of it is something to achieve before leaving the 20'ies behind. My 20'ies, now, seem like some kind of a dance where it isnt entirely clear how i have progressed.
So, I have decided to do something very self-indulgent. I am going to put a list of 30 things* I would love for my birthday - and I really hope I stop at that number! :)

I'd like a Bonsai tree.
I was always a bit worried about how Bonsai seem to have never achieved it potential as a tree, and seemed like a cruel art. But I found my way to the national bonsai garden recently, and it was amazing how tranquil they felt - all except one, which had been cruelly bent; and in fact they seemed like the perfect metaphor for Canberra as a city.




While I would love a Bo tree, they really arent going to like the Canberra weather, so it will have to be another one. How about an Australian Bonsai? There are a few on here, just click on NEXT SPECIES at the top left corner of the page!


(see here)


*Of course, I can change my mind and decide I dont really want something on the list, after all! (In fact, that is almost the point of making the list!)

No comments: