Sunday 17 June 2012

about clothes, music and framed pictures to put on the wall

A couple of years ago when I was moving houses, I lost a CD (or two) that I had borrowed from the public library, which for this* reason or that** kept me from going back there again. My loss completely! I have recently gone back and re-read nearly all of the Tintin again, and a lot of Astrix. And recently, I borrowed this wonderful book:

OK,  I have showed you the back cover of the book, because a recent cover has been used for the cover of the book, and they simply seem lazy and sensationalised (because, seriously, a female body is used to sell so many things that even when they claim to use it to sell clothes or style, it still seems far too blah!)  Looking at the older covers, one almost regret the invention of cameras. The same faces smiling or pouting or staring at us from so many surfaces, that you cannot but just turn your head away, in some sort of a fatigue, even. The amount of space in the older covers is another thing, there is none of that jostling cluster that magazine covers have these days - and that makes them pretty enough to frame and put on the wall!

Anyway, this post wasn't even going to be about Vogue covers, if anything it was going to be about a dress (a wrap-around!) that I would have liked for my 30th birthday:


and it was going to be about this book that might or might not be interesting!

*the huge fines
**the embarrassment that positions of authority subject you to, when you have failed your duty to safely preserve public wealth for future generations 

No comments: