Tuesday 2 July 2013

perplexed

I don't do drunk very well - but I nail dehydrated - however, stories of people getting drunk sound fairly amusing. One of my friends had invited a colleague and his wife to their place for dinner, who then stayed on to consume copious amounts of wine. In this state of inebriation, I later heard, they would walk back to place their wine class on the kitchen counter and spectacularly drop it into thin air. This continued till my friends finally ran out of wine glasses - for which, I suspect, they were in fact grateful.  

Anyway, so while I do not do spectacularly drunk, I do understand the perplexity that one might feel when they place a glass on a table only to see it drop into thin air and crash into smithereens! It happens everyday when I walk into my house and find it in a state of complete chaos - some sensitive dependence on initial conditions going on there, for sure! And when I wake up each morning and realise I am exhausted and there is nothing in the world that can get me out of my soft and warm bed - at least not for another hour. This leads me to insane amount of cause-hunting; I call it insane because anyone can tell you that if the house is dirty, it is because you have not cleaned it - and if you are feeling exhausted in the morning, try and recollect what time you went to sleep! But that is not the way I look at it, I look at it from the same point of opinion as people who overspend by keeping in focus not what they earn but what they deserve. Hence, I wonder if life would be worth living if I wasn't able to play sports, meet friends, work, or do discussion groups? The answer is usually no, and I find myself wandering into the house happy and exhausted, long past the time I could do any house work or even sleep at a reasonable hour - simply perplexed that if the state of my mind and the state of my room are related how can my room be such a mess when I am feeling rather quite alright!  
 
 

No comments: