Tuesday 4 February 2014

Burned Out?

It, unfortunately, appears like I have got a bit of a burn-out happening. How do I know? Well, because, I googled it, of course. I spoke about it with my brother and got incredibly angry with him, which was amusing because it doesn't happen very often. It wouldn't be amusing if it happened more often.

Burn-out carries a lot of feelings with it
- disbelief, "this cant be me, i am better than this!"
- guilt, "i owe them more than this"
- irritation, "what on earth am i doing with my life!?"
- doubt "i went so wrong here, will my next decision be any better?"

but i am realising that the solution, like all elegant solutions, is simple and not-easy. the only way out of burn-out is discipline and responsibility. i must do things that i am supposed to do, i might fail, which is fine, but i fit in this world thru give and take. and since i have not stopped taking, i must not stop giving my dues*. but when you are in the middle of a burnout, it is kind of difficult to get your brain to engage and do anything very well - it is then that you need discipline. The discipline to turn up and complete the tasks by the due date (yes, they wont be as good as you know you could have done) and just keeping it going. Discipline is the momentum that pushes you out of any shit you might find yourself in - of course, I have said that before.  

*i also owe myself the opportunity to express the purpose of my being, so i do owe to myself to put myself in a place where i can get that opportunity.

No comments: