Sunday 4 March 2007

about pictures of people

First let me explain why am I saying this -
(a) To procastinate
(b) To stop me from putting my pictures on the blog, if someday lightening strikes, I lose my head and think it might be a good idea.

I guess if you are normal and lucky, you have atleast one picture in 1-2 years that makes you look decent. If you want people to have a face in mind when they read your posts, this picture would already be in your profile.

All other pictures of yours are going to make you look crap. If you have a LIFE of anykind you will not have perfect features of a Barbie doll (or her male equivalent); if you do not have a LIFE and have Barbie doll (OHME) features then you will look PLASTIC in your photographs - and from here on i am not talking about you ;). So charming people with wonderful lives, there is nothing in a photograph that is reflecting the real charming you with fuzzy expressions merging into one another and dancing on your face. What ends up showing on your photograph is a weirdly frozen expression, which lefts people wondering "what on earth were you doing?" and "why on earth did you want people to see this?"

See, there are 2 kinds of people who read your blog, those who have seen you and know how charmingly wonderful you look. These people dont need to go to your blog to see your pictures. Then there are people who just read your posts, and thru them come to think you are a wonderful clever human being, why would ever want that image shattered for them and replaced by this new photograph taken impromptu!!?!

oh sorry there is a third, an important third, category of reader who reads your blog - YOU. do us all a favour - whenever the urge strikes, look in the mirror!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, Neha! I am Piolinfax. Please keep the picture as your visual ID as long as you like. Actually I feel flattered by your liking it!! :) Thanks for asking. I use the picture here: http://pl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedysta:Piolinfax
I keep the picture small so that people who click on it can see it more clearly because the text below is not Spanish but Polish. "Dla ciebie" means "for you"... I like giving simple things. Well, it says "for you", so I guess it also is yours now ;)

Anonymous said...

Good words.