Friday 19 February 2010

happiness is a full tummy

My dad is one of the fun-est people to be with; however I think he sealed it for my nephew, his grandson, when he asked me to do good enough research that my nephew ends up reading about it one day! The occasion for this comment was the fact that I have a very new nephew and the fact that I have an equally recent offer from an international publisher to publish my phd thesis.

I don’t know what it says about me or my thesis that my first reaction was, this gotto be spam! However they did end up sending me some reasonable details and a portfolio of what they publish.

So, while it will be a while before I get to see my nephew – and get to hear what my niece thinks about him. And while work doesn’t seem to be offering me much opportunities of doing the kind of work nephews and nieces would like reading about. And I am fairly unsure of my thesis getting published into a beautiful looking book. I still think, life isn’t as miserable as I am finding it. Perhaps if it didn’t involve eating an animal that was specifically killed to make food for me, I would be eating some non-vegetarian food. At the moment, I am hoping the supplements would do it for me…

No comments: