Tuesday 2 June 2015

Vedanta

it fills my heart, the way nothing else can - apart from people - people are alive and unexpected.

because i live alone, i can let peace and silence fill my heart at times, and then, sometimes, i let myself wander in the magic land of words, where I enter into the land of sounds and symbols (or symbols with sounds) and then, before i know it, like a hologram, the symbols dissolve into a whole new world and it is like the tardis (or the time lord magic) it is bigger on the inside (maybe that is what real time lord magic is, books or its cousin imagination!). and because i don't have people around me all the time, i find them quite magical and unexpected - full of kindness and surprise, sometimes even shock! on their own way in their own stories.. then there is music, i do not know how to choose, but it wonders into my life, often the way food smells waft in from the neighbour's kitchen.

but sometimes i am in spaces where people and books and music and silence and peace aren't able to reach; it is at those times it fills my heart (even tho it has never really disappeared), and it turns the overwhelming world into... something like stories and fables, perhaps? something primitive and beyond words, like wisdom, something that gives sense to everything... and instead of being overwhelmed and lost and battered in this space where people and books and music and silence and peace aren't able to reach, i find my way out of it with my heart full of gratitude.

No comments: