Wednesday 2 January 2013

A morning life

My bedtime reading today was this, for I somewhere along my growing up completely missed that part where you teach yourself to go to sleep. So, fairly thrilled by the fact that I bet the odds and kept to my resolution for the whole year in 2012; I am resolving in 2013 to have morning life, i.e., a life at that part of the day before you start rushing for work, where I presume people make breakfast, drink coffee and look at the newspaper.

The last year ended with me tidying up the place, and finally emptying a box that was packed about 6 years ago, which included a letter I wrote to the year 2006 at the end of that year! This is not a usual habit and so it was a pleasant surprise. The end of 2006 was an interesting time, I was writing up my thesis, which I would submit in April 2007, I was blissfully unaware of the drama that would unfold with my PhD supervisor changing jobs*, and I knew that I was going to move cities and start a new job. But the queerest thing is that it is almost entirely the same things I would be saying now: i am grateful for the same things, i am planning the same things! So, the question is, what was the point of the past 6 years!!?!

On this wonderful note, I shall leave you with wishes for a meaningful and happy new year!!


*just read this blog if you are curious about what was happening around that time.


No comments: