Tuesday 15 October 2013

Thin Red Line

Like the best things in life, this one too felt like an accident. Many years ago as a poor broke student, I discovered that the university library stacks Movie DVDs as well as players to view them on. for some unknown reason, i went to watch 'the colour red' and accidentally picked up The Thin Red Line. Not only was I unable to stop watching the movie, I went back a month later to watch it all over again. And since then, if I have any deep thoughts, i always find something in the thin red line that sums it up perfectly...

as my life went from here to this, i am wondering, "Does our ruin benefit the earth? Does it help the grass to grow, the sun to shine?"

but even before that when i knew that something was amiss, i was reminded of these lines from the thin red line

No comments: