Sunday 24 May 2015

Heaven, hell and my wardrobe

the human birth is said to be superior with regarding to gaining moksha, because it is particularly good at highlighting the transience of experiences - good times and bad times, neither of them last and then we grow old and die - not just that, we see ourselves growing old and dying. In heaven or hell, it is said, you keep having a great time or an awful time and then you wake up like from a dream. I was thinking about all this as I marvelled at the fact that I have a whole room (not a huge room to be sure, but still) to keep my clothes and books - this would not be a marvellous thing for anybody except for me because I was living with ALL my material possessions in a room not too much larger than this said wardrobe room. 







 

No comments: