Wednesday 9 August 2023

New team nervousness*!

I'm in a new team, doing things I have never done before, working with people I have never worked with before. I'm really nervous. But I am also SO excited about finally being in new waters, doing new things. Becoming a new person!! I am literally feeling like I have just jumped into the deep end. Now lets start the doggy paddle!! 

I am channeling Alistair here, he wasn't great to begin with, still isn't in heaps of ways, but he is very good at not repeating mistakes. 

But in order to find myself things I can do:

  • focus on maintaining the momentum;
  • accept mistakes but learn fast. 
  • work hard towards becoming really good at what I do
  • have FUN
  • provide great value to those around me.  



*will expand on embracing my weaknesses soon, it is from Nike's head-coach Coach Bennet's podcast, and very relevant to what I am saying here!   

No comments: