Monday 31 July 2023

Why is fun always so much work?

I need to write this today because I need to get all the other words out before I can put some good ones in. I need to write a document up and I am feeling nervous as heck because I don't know how I'll get there. Something that Sir Terry Pratchett says in his book: Slip of a keyboard - you can see the other side of the valley and you know you are here and everything in the middle is covered with mist but you know that there has to be a path between. To which I can only add - you can see the other side of the valley and it is all just vague shades of green and gray at the moment. 

I am a bit peeved about this that and the other. Antonia sending me off tangent to admin tasks when I really should be writing my paper. Eeks, I hate everything. 

I am going to start a supper club - 5 people for dinner, every three weeks?

I don't want to go to Melbourne... I am getting the opposite of itchy feet, I just want to stay at home!! Do my exercise, do my dancing and have my supper club!   

In other news. I am using Debbie Millman's ten year something something remarkable life thingy and answering the questions:

Where will you be living in 10 years?

I will not be living in Canberra, I will be either living in Europe near the sea or in Australia or somewhere near the sea. I will have a vege garden, and I will be able to breathe in the sea breeze. 

Who will you be living with?

I will be living with Chicory and my husband and children. And my mum and dad will be no more than five or ten minutes away. 

How will you be looking in ten years?

I would be looking at least 10 years younger than my age - because sun screen and exercise and hydration is all you need. 

How will you be earning money?

I will have a day job, but I will also be on a free-lance writers/speaking circuit. 

No comments: