Friday 15 April 2011

The fish tank is just a world

I was too unwell to go to work today, tho I am not sure if my bosses will believe me. I am sure they would not have let such a triviality get in the way of their work. They ought to believe it since I am not going camping tomorrow, which would have been my first trip ever and that is something I have been trying to do for a long long while, and with winter starting I wont be able to do for a long time.

Did I tell you about a new aquarium that we have got in the house? It has been a drama from start to now. First, one of the four fish (a yellow tailed guppy) got too stressed and died. Then, we got another guppy to replace it, and that one also died - this time either of stress or old age or something. Then we got a few neon, a fighter and 2 angels. The fighter took to it like fish to water, but angels did not. And one died in a couple of days and the other followed a few days later. Then the java plant decided to flower and had spores all over the aquarium, which caused the filter to block and we came back home on friday evening to find the fish, ALL the fish hanging to dear life by a thread. After changing a bit of water and cleaning the filter, causing my married life to hang by a thread, the fish decided it was all good and they returned to their normal happy self. Then, the water tank started to leak and fill the carpet and bits of the electrical extension to fill with water - all this on a Sunday night. We changed the extension rod, but we'll replace the aquarium (within guarantee period) the next morning (because the wires are close to the aquarium and it was very much an electrical hazard, or we would have to kill out fish, because you know what happens when their filter isnt operating!) - which will give another reason to my bosses to suspect my diligence at work. And yesterday the bully fish ate the entire fin tail of a really curious and wonderful guppy which killed the guppy - I cannot understand for the life of me, why the bully fish and a small neon would be guarding the dead fish, but it sure made me rather angry.

Anyway, I count in my duties, to feed them, to clean the water occasionally and more often get rid of the dead fish from the tank. And they have their own 'lord of the flies' to write.

No comments: