Tuesday 16 October 2012

Paradox

I was looking for a meme, or what I would previously call a tag; and inspired partly by Joanna Goddard, here we go:

5 rules that my parents had while we were growing up:
a. Don't keep a secret from your mum - tho, I think it tested Mum's patience more than it worried me;
b. Don't enter a strangers house;
c. ...
nothing else stuck :)

5 things I am most grateful for:
a. That my family LOVES me and I KNOW it!
b. Chinmaya Mission - how do I explain it - they help me make sense (i mean it is a paradox*, but still!), and if I couldnt make sense, I wouldnt have peace and if I wouldnt have peace, I would go insane and die.
c. People and my friends who are lovely to me, aren't you (you know who you are) just wonderful! Just like splash of cold water in summers or a spot of sun in winters or an bear hug at the end of a long day!!
d. Bicycles, Plants, Sunlight, Spring and everything fun!!

*Isn't paradox such a beautiful word? Here is a part of the Merriam-Wester dictionary meaning to it:
1: a tenet contrary to received opinion
2a : a statement that is seemingly contradictory or opposed to common sense and yet is perhaps true b : a self-contradictory statement that at first seems true c : an argument that apparently derives self-contradictory conclusions by valid deduction from acceptable premises

No comments: