Tuesday 2 October 2012

relic

Sometimes you take yourself by surprise -  I am well and truely surprised by my near obsession with doing up a place. A lot of my idea of a nice place can be seen if you just watch this song (cute boy included ;)
or even just this snapshot
and that i can understand, that does not surprise me. What I do not understand is how I can't see enough of yellow walls with blue paintings on it; or gray curtains with yellow prints on it; or bed lights hanging from the ceiling; or crisp white brick walls with mexican or morrocacan tiles somewhere. And these chairs, look at these chairs
(http://www.designsponge.com/2012/10/sneak-peek-molly-robert-josiah-bingaman.html/1molly)
(http://www.designsponge.com/2012/10/sneak-peek-lisa-neimeth-2.html/1lisa-new) (photographs from design*sponge) and tell me does everyone lets out a deep sigh just looking at them?


PS: isnt it strange how we pour energy into our words, spoken and written, not because we want to, but simply that is how it is. Reminds me of what I read on Jen Bekman's 20x200 newsletter, where she quotes Aili Schmeltz, from her interview with Ms. Behaved "Once [a] piece is complete [and] the thrill is gone, at that point the thing is a remnant, a relic of an experience, a marker of time." By which I mean, once you have said something, once you believe you have managed to made sense, many an idea simply lose that sense of urgency - they simply become "a relic of an experience, a marker of time."

No comments: