Wednesday 31 October 2018

Creativity

I stumbled upon, very recently, on a lovely little book* that was a balm for my weary, anxious and slightly cynical soul. It was hopeful in a way that did not diminish the feelings behind our anxieties, didn't rationalise it, didn't romanticise it either. And it was just the thing to listen to at night when the logic is nightmarish and all I want is to hug my dog and have someone like Lin-Manuel Miranda saying in my ears, "I hear you! But it will work out because you are just where you need to be!" And really, how can anyone argue against that?


And that got me started, well actually, no, this is another whack in the bush** as I am making`` my way...  Earlier to this was Brene Brown saying that we are ALL doing our best, which meant that for me to do better something had to change. Somehow the way that idea is playing out in my life is that I have become more me - I used to think I will have to become more of one person if I wanted to succeed or I aspired to become more of another because gosh they are everything I'd like to be. But. I AM doing the best I can - I CAN NOT become anybody else, but I can do whatever I am doing with a bit more confidence without constantly second-guessing myself - knowing pretty well that I am doing the best I can.


And this is part 2 or 5 or 10, I am not sure, but these ideas of being hopeful that L-M M is talking about - feels like another piece of the puzzle has just found its home. Its early days, I will find a way to absorb these ideas... I am starting to think that hopefulness is the birth place of creativity (which is much nicer and true-r than saying necessity is the mother of invention), if I am hopeful about my life I will find creative ways to make it what I need it to be.







*Lin-Manuel Miranda's GMorning, GNight! Little Pep Talks for Me and You
**you have done bush walking, you know what I mean, don't you? you have to move the branches out of your face and make some room to move...
``Quite literally 'making' my way.

No comments: