Wednesday 27 February 2019

My year of Interest and Accountability, of Focus and Discipline.


Shonda Rhimes had a Year of Yes, and that gave me an idea, to have a year of. But I cannot have a year of yes, I already do a lot of magical thinking where things are never as easy or as difficult as they really are, they are always easier or harder - depending on whether I want to do them or I don't. For better and for worse, I am incurably interested in everything* and end up saying yes to far too many things! Most of them bring me a lot of joy, but not a whole lot of satisfaction or a sense of excellence that I so deeply crave!


So, this will be my year of interest and accountability, my year of focus and discipline. Interest without accountability is magical thinking, accountability without focus is magical thinking, and discipline without focus** is also magical thinking!




*everything except gossip magazines, and shallow platitudes, and casual ableism and racism and sexism. Unless these platitudes and casual ableism and racism and sexism come in murder mystery novels, but even there, I am starting to move away from the PD James and the older episodes of Midsummer Murders and some of the new ones as well. 


**FOCUS: Follow one course until successful. (How cool is that, right?)  

No comments: