Monday 24 October 2022

I am suddenly bone tired, again.

 I am in the middle of some minor home renovations at the moment. This has involved having an urgent replacement of the hot-water system, and a new kitchen island, wardrobes in the guest room and the bed room, and new carpet in the rooms upstairs. 

Somewhere between 

  • getting the design confirmed (took weeks, even after I completed the floor plans that in themselves took forever!!), 
  • organising the 50 month interest free, 
  • getting existing furniture taken out (where IKEA didn't buy back as much as I had hoped they would, and I ended up losing the voucher anyway, and also finding mould in the carpet under the wardrobe in my room, which meant another off tangent journey 
  • to figuring out how to replace the carpet before getting the wardrobes put in - where this guy (from Pakistani Punjab called Sammy, I believe) tried to cheat me by charging me $2500 for something that actually would cost less than $900 to finding a family run brick and mortar store who then found that their installer had a road accident and was suddenly going on leave and getting on their cancellation list to get the carpet sorted before mummy papa arriving
  • to getting the delivery of the kitchen island (200 kg+) and wardrobes (600 kg+) from IKEA that had to get that rescheduled a few times because it needed 4 people to bring the materials up to the 4th floor),
  • to organising the install of the island (perhaps the only thing that even went remotely smoothly, but will end up costing nearly $1000 instead of the quoted $300) and 
  • to the install of the wardrobes that is underway as we speak (after the IKEA subcontractors flaked out on me and sent me condescending messages about 'not to panic or stress') and 
  • currently waiting for the carpet to get installed tomorrow, the electrician to come in to do the wiring for the kitchen island tomorrow and the final kitchen island installation to be complete on Thursday...
I am suddenly bone tired again. And when I say again, I mean that I got quite sick after Covid and had to start eating meat again to get the brain fog to clear, that thankfully, is cleared up now. But the renovation tasks along with trying to get on top of work from that time and this time is tiring. Less tiring than if I were still stuck on second gear due to the afore mentioned brain fog, but still, tiring. 

The thinking is exhausting and the doing is hard, and I am searching 'I am suddenly bone tired, again'    


No comments: