Wednesday 16 November 2022

Reasons and Seasons: 5 thoughts

  1. I have been procrastinating the most fun/creative task at work. to develop a work-plan to deliver on our inter-jurisdictional commitment. I think it's because it is high value for me, and I don't want to stuff it up. 
  2. I sent this message to Dashanka this morning. My epiphany this morning: a life in which you are constantly growing and becoming your best self is, almost by necessity, a life outside your comfort zone. 
  3. George Saunders has suggested that I re-read the articles that I really enjoyed and line by line understand what makes them so good. Then I try and recreate them myself. This email might actually change my life, if I use it. 
  4. In a bizarre coincidence, Neil Gaiman also responded to my question on tumbler. Ah, I wish he had said a bit more about what he thought about The Mystery of Edwin Drood the story, but I enjoyed hearing about the kind of world he would like to live in. It was really lovely, and I really appreciate it, but it just a tad bit less than what I was hoping it might have been. 
  5. And a couple of things on my to-do list. Tidy house, Start the writing practice, Get more disciplined at work, Start C25K from Friday. 




  1.     

No comments: