Thursday 6 May 2010

Obsessed

In one of my previous lives, I wrote an exam for entering into a prestigious Fashion Design School called NIFT. I was officially an atheist for a few weeks because God didn't help me pass.

While in my current life, when I am not wasting my time and actually working, I find it extremely enriching to belong the profession to which I do. But buying an old apartment (with these beautiful unrendered brick walls, and a lot of sun and air) which to a trained eye has unlimited potential (but is infact walls in need of a paint, window net which is torn in at the corner if you look carefully) is cue for beautiful day dreaming.

Like the wall will look just awesome white, rather than the light peach color that it is... like the bathroom just needs to have a skylight, and, if only you remove the laundry sink, will have space for a real bath... the wooden stairs are perfect, and the wall around it is ideal for a whole lot of photographs - when someone gets around to printing and framing them!! So while I am struggling to keep a handle on the laundry, and pray for somemore cupboard space on a daily basis - in my dreams and the on the internet, thanks to the following websites, i am developing an unhealthy obsession (but oh! aren't they awesome):

DESIGN SPONGE
A CUP OF JOE
MY LITTLE APARTMENT
APARTMENT THERAPY
...

hmmm, am I missing anyone?

No comments: