Thursday 13 May 2010

this is turning weird

at the beginning, when this blog started, i had decided this wasn't going to be a journal-of-my-days kind of a blog, but recently i am running out of fresh perspective (or more likely, "look that columnist has a fresh perspective") and this is turning into a weird journal-of-my-days kind of a blog.

But I am SO happy to share tell you that I HAVE UNPACKED my boxes at work after 5 months (and I was away for 3 months before then), so after nearly 8 months I found one of my favourite-est poems in there, you are going to love it:


EACH life converges to some centre
Expressed or still;
Exists in every human nature
A goal,

Admitted scarcely to itself, it may be,
Too fair
For credibility’s temerity
To dare.

Adored with caution, as a brittle heaven,
To reach
Were hopeless as the rainbow’s raiment
To touch,

Yet persevered toward, surer for the distance;
How high
Unto the saints’ slow diligence
The sky!

Ungained, it may be, by a life’s low venture,
But then,
Eternity enables the endeavoring
Again.

(It's by Emily Dickinson)
PS: This is the bartlby version - there might be others :/

No comments: