Tuesday 27 November 2012

Thanksgiving

Till the American blogs had informed me that thanksgiving is really about gluttony, I really liked the idea. Actually minus the gluttony and the turkey, i still do; of all the theme parties I really like the atmosphere of this one!

Among the magical ways of the world, what I find really amazing is that happiness increases when shared; and when we resent someone and try make life difficult for them we actually dig our own selves into a pit. Evil, I think sometimes, is nothing but selfishness. For these truths, even tho unintuitive, I am thankful.

And, there are other, lightening sorts of, unimaginably bright moments of gratitude, in dark nights of resentment (usually against destiny); and these are usually brought about by, as Albert Schweitzer puts it: At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us. 

No comments: