Wednesday 23 December 2015

pop culture in 2015

Books I read this year:

  • Happiness Project - Audio - Yes, would recommend it.
  • Name Of The Wind - Kindle and Paper & Audio - Y-WRI
  • Wiseman's Fear - Kindle and Papaer & Audio - Y-WRI
  • Cadence - Audio - Y-WRI
  • (Part of) Aziz Ansari's Modern Romance - Audio - Hmmm, might. I enjoyed it but it was close to the skin and i nobody to laugh at it with.
  • Born to Run - Audio - Y-WRI
  • (Part of) Gut - Audio; the book was interesting but I couldn't stand the reader
  • The new murder myster by JK Rowling - Nah, don't bother
  • Brene Brown's The Power of Vulnerability - Audio - Y-WRI
  • Amy Poehler's Yes Please - Audio - Y-WRI
  • Brandon Sanderson's The Emperor's Soul - Kindle - Y-WRI
  • Brandon Sanderson's The Final Empire (Mistborn 1) - Kindle - Y-WRI
  • The Master Magician - Kindle - Nah, do not bother
  • The Atlantis Gene - Kindle - Y-WRI
  • Roe Morris's The Ultimate Make-up Guide - Paper -  Hmm, might
  • Patricia B.M's I'll be home soon - Kindle - Hmm, DEFinitely if you are getting a dog!!
  • (Part of) Lorenz's Man meets God - Kindle - Hmm, might
  • (Part of) The Anna Katharine Green's Mystery megapack - Kindle - This should count for more than one book, I think this is AKG's entire works or something. Y-WRI, pretty old but timeless, for the fans Agatha Christie
  • LM's The Husband's Secret - Kindle - God, I hated this! I can't remember why, I can't even remember when I read it, this year or the last - but I remember that it got great reviews and that I HATED it!   

I am looking forward to:
  • Facepaint
  • Iman Beauty of Color
  • On Looking
  • Mitch Cullen's Mr. Holmes
  • CS's Wild
  • BB's Daring Greatly
  • The Perfect Theory
  • How Muscles Learn
  • Trespassing Einstein's Lawn

On TV (Did I really not watch anything new else on TV this year?)
  • The Bletchley Circle - Y-WRI

Netflix and other movies:
  • Tamasha - Y-WRI
  • Coraline - Y-WRI
  • A thousand foot journey - RUN AWAY!! The most in-authentic movie - people are NOT so rational, we feel irrationally threatened, we are stubborn, we are more creatures of habit than of reason, or even happiness!
  • Kingsman - Hmm, might.

I'm looking forward to:
  • Mr. Holmes

Podcasts:
Podcasts are new for me, I barely started a few weeks ago. I use Player FM and the following are recommendations:
  • The Dinner Party Download
  • Magic Lessons with Elizabeth Gilbert
  • Stuff You Should Know

I'm looking forward to:
  • Music and the Brain

No comments: