Wednesday 2 December 2015

Sigh!

as the year ends, one of the families I know is going to end being a family. sometimes things, as they are, need to end before better things are allowed to take their place. I do believe that in this case better things will take its place. I think things will become happier and lighter and whole lot less of a compromise than they are - I think people will have to learn to take responsibility for their own happiness, as usually happens when relationships end. I think that'll work, in this case, things will get easier and better. for the little child caught up in this sad affair, I think, he will prefer the storm to burst and blow over than for him to stand the edge of it forever threatening to turn his world upside down.
 
I will miss them, tho - this is not about me but they have been part of my life and I will be sad for the hole that this will bring, and I would mourn for the lost chances. so many things they could have done, if only things would turned out differently. sometimes I think, all that the world asks of us is that we be best and happiest and the most fulfilled people we can be - so that others who are caught up in their storms can see a calm horizon and know that this thing can be done. sometimes, I wish, they could have been that horizon for me; and sometimes, I hope, I can be that horizon for them!
 
I doubt either of those are possible.

No comments: